Deutschsprachiger Text - Filmkredite - Videokasseten

Hello.

I offer apologies for writing in the 'English language'.

I seek assistance from my German 'James Bond' friends.

I transferred the German 1989 'Video 8' video-cassettes to my computer (DV-firewire). The 'Video 8' films are a mix of 'full-frame' and 'widescreen' picture formats.

The 'Video 8' tapes of, YOLT, OHMSS, and TSWLM have German-language 'opening' and 'closing' titles/credits. TMWTGG has German-language 'opening' titles/credits.

Can anyone confirm which James Bond films, from the 1987/89 German VHS series ( on the webpage http://007homevideo.com/vhs_de_007collection_8789.html ) have German-language titles/credits. I want to add accurate information to my website.

Thank-you.

Re: Deutschsprachiger Text - Filmkredite - Videokasseten

I once had this collection from 1987/1989. I can't tell you for sure but these must have had German titles since these were the same versions as shown on German TV in the 80s. As far as I can remember there were German titles on it. In those days it wasn't common for movies dubbed in German to have English titles. So I am 99,9% sure that there were German titles on it. Maybe I'll even find one of these cassettes somewhere in my attic to have a look.
I think the first versions to have English titles were the ones on DVD.
You have this nasty habit of surviving

Re: Deutschsprachiger Text - Filmkredite - Videokasseten

Agent 1770 hat geschrieben: 1. Dezember 2019 10:46 I think the first versions to have English titles were the ones on DVD.
Thank-you for your quick reply.

I have the first German VHS videocassette release (1982?), and the 1984 Video8 edition, of YOLT. Both have the English-language 'main' and 'end' credits.

My German 1985 'Hardbook' edition (VHS) of DN, FRWL, OHMSS, and DAF have the English-language titles. The 'Hardbook' releases were the same transfers as the original 1982 'Verleih' releases. I will be digitising all the 'Hardbook' tapes in the next few days. I am hoping that the German-language titles will be on some of them.

I have low-quality web-clips of the German-language versions of the 'main' titles of nine Bond films (taken from recordings of TV broadcasts). I would like to get better-quality versions and display them on my website.

Cheers from Australia.